The Period Purse takes seriously the issues of our responsibilities being on Indigenous territories.
We have partnered with a few Indigenous Communities to bring Moontime Reusable Kits to young people going through their rite of passage and learning about their moontime (period).
Every year, The Period Purse proudly works with a a few rural Indigenous communities to bring them Moontime Reusable Kits. These kits include:
- Menstrual cup (various brands)
- Two reusable cloth pads
- Reusable period underwear
- Cloth "carrying" bag (to keep their period products in)
- Motivational note with an Indigenous artwork and written in their language
- Comforting item (moontime essential oil was requested in 2021)